Monday, March 26, 2012

Beach Street Lemon Chicken

This recipe I have been holding on to during the eternity that was A Week With Rachael Ray.  
This one will require some prep-work, and marinating the chicken.  BUT NEVER FEAR!  It is so easy to prep and to make the marinade!

I Now Present:

Beach Street Lemon Chicken!


Firstly:  The Crew

For the marinade:
The chicken will need to marinate from 1-12 hours.  Just a heads up
To make the marinade you will need to chop some garlic and parsley ( I did this the night before, then threw the marinade together before I went to work, and I let it percolate for the day)  (I literally woke up 3 minutes early,  [mainly because I forgot to set my alarm for 10 minutes early] and still had PLENTY of time)  (So I'm glad I didn't set it TOO early!)

I Didn't take any pics of the marinade (because I got scolded for leaving my camera in the kitchen, so I moved it, but then forgot to bring it back in) (if you're reading this Hubby, I'm j/k-ing :-D  ) but it's pretty self explanatory.  Mix it together, throw the chicken in and ta-da.


Cook the fettuccine in salted boiling water

Add the chicken and the marinade to the pan, and saute until the chicken is cooked and the marinade has reduced a bit.

Combine the lemon juice, zest, parsley and green onion in a bowl

Add the pasta, sprinkle with salt and pepper

Add the chicken and the marinade and toss

Sprinkle with cheese

And There You Have It!

I was going to try to pull a fast on one TheHubby and use spaghetti squash, but I couldn't figure it out (?) It was good, but not "just like spaghetti" which I have heard time and time again, so I figured after my paprika chicken incident (per TheHubby) I would just make regular pasta.


I did not like this recipe. There was something off.  Too much lemon? Too much parsley?

But TheHubby LOVED IT!  so, Who am I to complain?!  I just ate leftover paprika chicken.  haha.

Apparently we have different taste in food.  Oh well.

The next recipe I am aiming to try is:

Bourbon Chicken!

Which TheHubby has been requesting, since he spied the recipe in my work bag. 



No comments:

Post a Comment