Friday, March 30, 2012

Kentucky Chicken

Phew! 
I have been hoarding this recipe for a day, when I really want something not healthy, and by not healthy, I mean, bacon, cream cheese and crescent rolls.  Like heart attack mid bite un-healthy. 

I tried to make it a little healthier, by using fat free cream cheese and reduced fat rolls.  Oh!  And I made a salad!  So I'm SURE that it negated the fact the there was a TON of bacon in it.  Right?  I mean it WAS reduced sodium bacon.
Am I just deluding myself?

DON'T ANSWER THAT!

Ignorance is bliss.  And this sure was bliss!

There were a few things I changed.  I cut the chicken breasts in half, width wise, so it made them thinner.  The original recipe called for a slit to be cut in the chicken so that the cream cheese mix could be stuffed in.  I just smeared it on top.
Also, the recipe called for puff pastry, I used one pack of crescent rolls, but really needed two packages

TheHubby was sure excited about this one,  he emailed me all day, asking how it was going.

And Without Further Ado

Kentucky Chicken!

The Crew


Chop up the parsley and onion.  I used about 2 tablespoons of each, as Matt isn't a huge veggie fan

Cook up the bacon (as usual I cooked more than I needed so I could nom on some. :-)  )
Once it is cooked, dry it and crumble it up

Mix the onion, parsley and bacon in to the cream cheese mix

Roll out the crescent rolls and seal all of the perferations, so it forms one big sheet

Slather the cream cheese mix on the chicken

Wrap them up in the rolls, and placed in a greased baking sheet
Bake in the over 400F for about 30 mintes

And There you have it!

It was a delicious meal,  and even better left overs!  

The original recipe was called Kaytucky Chicken, but I was unable to find a link for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment