Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Lasagna

Here is another recipe I have been hoarding. 

If it is a slow day at work, I get on the computer and just look for recipes.  I have had several orientees so I have been letting them do things on their own, and trying not to micromanage and hover.  So to distract myself, I have been online, so I have a TON of recipes that I have been wanting to try.  I am slowing making my way through them.  One dinner at a time.

This one caught my attention by the mere name:
Cheesy Chicken Lasagna.

First: Cheesy?! Yes Please!
Second: Chicken?!  It's our staple meat in the Barrick House
Thirdly: Lasagna!? Guarenteed to be excellent leftover food, and since I work this weekend...PERFECT!

It was super easy to throw together, but a little time consuming. (If that makes sense)  Not something you would want to make after a long day at work, as it takes about 1 hr 20 minutes, but it is well worth the wait!

Without Further Ado

CHEESY CHICKEN LASAGNA

The Crew
Cook the noodles, by adding them one at a time to the boiling water, and waiting for them to soften.
I cooked them to al dente, because when it is in the oven, it will cook some more
Once they are cooked rinse them in cold water, and it will keep them from sticking together

Add the milk and ranch dressing to a sauce pan

Heat and stir until the ranch dressing is dissolved.

Add the chicken and pepper, and simmer for at least 25 minutes, stirring frequently
(this is one of the time consuming parts, because this will bubble up quickly and without warning.  True Story)

Layer the noodles

Chicken sauce

and cheese, then repeat to form two layers of each

Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes, or until it is golden and bubbly
(This makes you house smell incredible)

There you have it!
(I know that's a teeny piece, but I wanted to test it before I served it to TheHubby)


This was a good recipe, but there were a few things I will change next time. 
The recipe calls for 3 cups of chicken,  You definately need at least 4. 
Also measure the pan with noodles before you cook them, so that you know how much to cook.  I used 8 total.  There were easily twice that in the package. 
Also, I would add maybe some onion and garlic to the chicken sauce.  It was a little bland, but had a good base flavor.  But if you like bland-er food, this is great. 

This was a success!

I do believe I am 3 for 3!  WHOO!


A printable version is available here.

No comments:

Post a Comment