Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Chicken Piccata with Angel Hair Pasta, Asparagus, Green Beans, and Peas

I finally made it!!!
Four Attempts later...

Rachael Ray Recipe #5

Chicken Piccata with Angel Hair Pasta, Asparagus, Green Beans, and Peas

First: The Crew

*The recipe calls for blanching the asparagus and green beans, but as beans aren't in season, I'll be using a steam bag, and as I prefer steaming my asparagus, I'll be doing it a different way* 
Add water to the bottom of a large skillet (enough to cover the bottom) and a tablespoon of butter. Lay asparagus in a single layer in the skillet and cover, let it steam on medium heat until tender

Put a pot of salted water on to boil (for the pasta) and cook to al-dente (just a little bite in the middle)

Season the chicken with Salt & Pepper

Dredge in flour mixed with poultry seasoning. (I didn't have poultry seasoning, so I added sage, rosemary, and thyme to the flour)

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in skillet over medium heat

Saute chicken until lightly golden on both sides
Add remaining butter to skillet and let it melt

Saute Garlic and shallot (which are difficult to find, so I just used some onion)

Slice one lemon and add it to the skillet along with the juice of another.

Add the wine and reduce.
Then add stock and Parsley
Simmer to thicken

Spoon some over the chicken, then wrap it in foil
Add peas to remaining sauce

Add sauce, green beans, asparagus, and the juice of the remaining lemon to the pasta.
Toss to combine

Serve the chicken with the pasta alongside

and There You Have It.

Review:

I don't think I got the sauce quite right, so I didn't spoon it over, but the chicken had a good flavor.
TheHubby gave it a thumbs up.

I think it was just anti-climactic, for me, since I have been trying for a week to cook this.
But I didn't give TheHubby a chance to defer this to another day, when I got home from work, he was out on the motorcycle, so I just started cooking, and was about halfway done.

So he set up shop in the corner of our kitchen to watch/talk
(please forgive the mess)


Printable version can be found here

Original version can be found here

No comments:

Post a Comment