Saturday, November 5, 2011

Alfredo Pasta

Matt and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pasta. Spaghetti, rice, penne, fettucini, rotini, macaroni, orzo, you name it we love it. 

A quick and easy meal to make on a night where neither of us feel like cooking much, is alfredo pasta (home-made, not from the jar <<yech>>)

I start out with about 1 cup of cream and 1-2 Tbsp butter in a skillet.

Add seasoning. 
I prefer Mrs. Dash (YAY for no added salt!!)  Garlic & Herb; Tomato Basil Garlic; and Lemon Pepper are always big hits at the Barrick Household.

Bring it to a light boil, then drop the heat down and simmer it until the cream starts to be reduced. (You can stop here, and let the cream reduce even more, and then use that.  But, when we're eating Italian, we aren't exactly going for healthy, so I will add in shredded italian blend cheese, and this will help thicken the sauce up) 

After that, just add the alfredo sauce to cooked pasta of any kind, and serve.

It's not very specific, but you can add what ever seasoning or cheese you like.

I hope you all enjoy!

Also, If you have requests, let me know!  We are always up for a little adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment