Saturday, November 12, 2011

Noche Del Tacos en la casa Barrick

OOOORRRRR.   Taco night in the Barrick House!  I have been craving Mexican food for about a week now, and this did the job to satiate my craving AND at 1/4 of the cost!

It is a super easy go-to meal.

I started out preparing homemade queso early in the evening, while the hubby was slaving away at the Museum.  I thought about just buying the Tostitos Brand Queso at the store, but as I had all of the ingredients for homemade in the house, I thought...hmm... why not?!

I put about 1 cup of cream (you could also use milk), about 6-8 oz shredded cheese  (I used colby jack), 2Tbsp diced tomato (you can add more or less, {I just picked a number of Tbsps at random}), and 1 Tbsp of diced chiles (the same goes for this) into my mini dip crock pot (BEST $10 ever spent!) and let the cheese start to melt.

Then, I sauteed 1 clove of garlic and 1/4 onion in some olive oil until the onion is translucent (I like to sprinkle a little salt on any veggie I'm sauteing, as it will not only flavor the onion, but it will infuse the oil/pasta/etc with the onion flavor,  and it will cook quicker. {and I'm all about that})

Once the onion and garlic were cooked, I added them into the crock pot and mixed it up.  Then I settled down to read Harry Potter, only being ambitious enough to stir the dip occasionally.



When we were ready to eat, I fixed the rest of the taco goodness.  I cooked a pound of ground beef in a skillet, once it was cooked, I drained the oil and added a packet of taco seasoning. (You could add your own spices, but you really need some random ones, so instead of buying a huge container of a spice you rarely use, I'll just buy the packet)

Assemble your own taco and Bon-Apetite...or whatever the equivalent of that is in espanol!

No comments:

Post a Comment