Sunday, October 30, 2011

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Penne and Cheese

Once again, I hit a homerun with Pintrest!

I was in the middle of making this recipe last night, when the Hubby took a break from Battlefield 3 (new video game) to come down to see what I was making.  He was only half-way down the stairs before he announced:  That smells AMAZING!!!
And by the fact that it dragged him away from his new game, I know it was!

We love pasta in our household, and even more than that, we love creamy, bad for you figure, give you a coronary, send you to an early grave pasta. 

That is what this is. And it is probably worth the cardiac arrest.  You could probably serve this with a side of Lipitor


Ingredients
8oz Penne Pasta (1/2 box), 8 Sun-Dried Tomatoes (Chopped), 1 can (12 oz) Low-Fat Evaporated Milk (2%), 2 cups shredded Italian Style Cheese, 1 tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp ground black pepper


I chopped up the tomatoes in the food processor, it made them really small, which was nice.

Cook the pasta according to the box.  I will usually add a splash of oil and a little bit of salt, to keep the noodles from sticking together, and to flavor them a little.

Combine the evaporated milk, cheese, basil, garlic and black pepper in a medium sauce pan, and heat until the cheese is melted. 

When the pasta is just about cooked, add the tomatoes for 2 minutes.

Drain the pasta and add the cream sauce, mix until it is covered. 

The sauce can be a little liquid-y to start out with, but if you let it sit for about 5 minutes, it starts to become thicker as it cools down.

I marinated some chicken breasts all day in italian dressing, then grilled them on the George Foreman Grill





For a printable Recipe, Click here

1 comment:

  1. This really does sound lovely.This is my first visit to your blog, so I've just spent some time browsing through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete