Monday, October 17, 2011

Spinach Pesto Grilled Cheese.

I spent all morning on Sunday looking up ideas for the Perfect Pesto, only to realize about 3 hours into it, that I didn't even know if the Hubby liked pesto (But I mean, who doesn't like pesto?) Luckily my time wasn't wasted, as he likes it!

So I found a bunch of recipes, and kind of combined them based on the ingredients that I had in the house.

Pesto is usually made with basil, but I can't find enough basil for the life of me. So I decided to use spinach as a base.

Then I found a recipe (on pintrest of course!) to make pesto grilled cheese!

I put about 3 handfuls of baby spinach, 1 handful of basil leaves, 3 cloves of garlic, and about 2 tsp of parsley (All recipes call for fresh parsley, so I just added less dried {the conversion is 1tsp of dried=1Tbsp of fresh} but I didn't add all that the recipe called for ) into our Ninja food processor and blended it up.

Then I seasoned it with salt and pepper.
And, added a slash of lemon juice, and about 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil (Enough to make it into a paste)

 It turned out something like this

 Then I sprayed a slice of bread with Pam and put it on the preheated George Foreman Grill.
Added a generous amount of italian blend cheese, then topped that off with the pesto
Then put the top slice of bread on and sprayed it with Pam also

 Once the cheese melted, it looked a little something like this.

And my-oh-my was it tasty!!


The Hubby even liked it! I thought it might be too 'hippie' for him, but he wolfed it down.

I asked if he would like it if I made it again, but he said it was about the same as a regular grilled cheese. lol.



You can find a printable recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment