Monday, October 17, 2011

Hard Boiled Eggs

This is a short and sweet post.

I have heard from the girls from work, that they have a difficult time making hard boiled eggs.  And it can be tricky.

I learned this tried and true method, from my mother.

Put the eggs into a pot, and fill it with water until the eggs are almost completely covered.
Then bring the water up to a rolling boil on Med-High to High heat, then drop the temp to a little below medium for 15 minutes.  Let the eggs cool down in the water, and Ta-Da!

My problem with hard boiled eggs is peeling them. I've heard that if you add some vinegar to the water that they are boiled in, it makes it easier,  I have yet to try that, Maybe next time

Sorry there are no pictures, but they would have been lame: Eggs and water in a pot.

No comments:

Post a Comment