Sunday, May 13, 2012

Did you make cookies?!

The words TheHubby excitedly spoke as he walked through the door for a quick lunch before running back to the salt mines.

I hung my head in shame.

Let me take you back a few hours earlier when I awoke from a restless night's sleep.

The dogs were whining, the sun was shining through the blinds at just the perfect angle to hit my eyes no matter which way I turned, and I had a headache.  What a great way to start the day.

What would turn this day around was a biscuit!  Uuuuuuunnnfortunately I live a horrendous 3 hours away from the best biscuit place in the world.  Plus we are north of the mason-dixon, so there are zero Bojangles. 

What's the next best thing?!

Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits via ThePioneerWoman

I looked up the recipe:  That seems easy enough!  I can totally do that!


UUuuuuuuunnnnfortunately something happened...

Maybe I didn't mix the ingredients well enough...

Maybe I rolled out the dough too much...

Maybe I just don't have the gene that bestows the ability to make buttermilk biscuits (and there IS a gene, don't ya kno!)


I'm almost embarrassed to show this picture.

Please don't judge me for this

Ok. Here we go


I KNOW!!! IT'S HORRENDOUS!!!

But, on the bright side, they tasted delicious!  Just like buttermilk biscuits should

So, Matt comes home from work, and excitedly asks:  DID YOU MAKE COOKIES?!?!

I said (just as excitedly): No! They're biscuits!

And He said: Aww baby. 

But I guess he liked them, as he ate about 6 of them.

I'm not even going to bother posting this until I figure out what went, oh so horribly, wrong

No comments:

Post a Comment