Saturday, May 19, 2012

Chicken Spaghetti

I have made this several times over the past few months, and it is ALWAYS a hit here!  It is super easy to make, and can be made ahead of time.  It keeps for 2 days (uncooked) in the fridge, and significantly longer time in the freezer.

Another good thing, is that I typically have all of this stuff on hand, so it is an easy thing to make on a night where I didn't have the time or the inclination to go the grocery.

I now present:

Chicken Spaghetti

The Crew 
(I used Cream of Chicken soup, but you could definitely use cream of anything)
(I also used canned chicken, but the original recipe at the bottom will tell you how much fresh chicken you need)

Break the spaghetti into 2 inch pieces, and cook until al-dente

Chop up the onion and green pepper. I used a food processor, as TheHubby said last time the chunks were too big and were over powering

Combine the spaghetti, onion, green pepper, and seasoned salt

Then add the chicken

And the soup and cheese
Mix it together well

Put it in a greased casserole pan.  
It fits well in an 8x11 pan (if you use the full recipe)
(I cut it in half and it fit in an 8x8 pan)
Cover it with the additional cup of cheese
Bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes, or until the cheese starts bubbling

It was delicious.  I actually made it the night before and stuck it into the fridge and it gave all of the ingredients a chance to mingle and it gave it a really nice flavor.

TheHubby LOVED it!  He said it was a definite "Make Again" 

I could go on and on about how great this recipe is.  Easy, Ingredients *usually* on hand, able to make before hand, Easy (am I starting to repeat myself?)   




No comments:

Post a Comment