Friday, April 20, 2012

Pico De Gallo & Guacamole

Not necessarily a meal, but definitely a favorite in TheBarrick house.  We love love LOVE 
guac!  (Especially Chipotle Guac)

So when I saw this recipe in ThePioneerWoman's first cookbook, I thought: I can do that!
Of course I didn't have all of the ingredients, but I made do.

It calls for diced tomatoes and diced jalapenos, I didn't have either, so I just used a can of diced tomatoes and chiles (it had a little bit of heat)  

It was very easy to make, and was a big hit with TheHubby

The Crew


In order to make guac, you start out with Pico De Gallo
Chop up onions (and tomatoes if you have them) in equal amounts

Chop up cilantro, the same amount of tomato and onion

I don't love cilantro, and I think it is overpowering, so I used less

Add a splash of lime juice (or the juice of 1/2 - 1 lime)
Mix it together, and there you have it!

To continue on toward Guac:
Cut an avocado in half and remove the pit

Scoop out the insides

Smoosh it up with a fork (smoosh is the official culinary term, don't ya know!)

Mix in the amount of pico that you want

And there you have it!

Easy and Yummy.
What could be better than that?



No comments:

Post a Comment