Friday, April 6, 2012

Chicken Cacciatore

This is one recipe that isn't new for me.  I have made it off and on for years, but it is new to TheHubby. 
Of course I think that he'll love it, with a tomato sauce, chicken and pasta?  What's not to love?!
Oooooffff course, I didn't remember until I was finishing up cooking that he doesn't really love lots of veggies mixed in the sauce.  Hmmm.
I gave him a heads up and permission to not eat the veggies.

This recipe I got out of my mother's old Betty Crocker Cookbook, so it is nothing new.  I know that if you search for it on Google, you'll get 3,470,000 results.  To be precise.  
And, I'm sure you'll get about 3,470 different recipes.

I like this one, it is simple and while I don't LOVE tomato based sauces, I do like this one. (I mean, they're fine, but not my absolute favorite)  It has enough extra flavor to minimize the tomato.


Chicken Cacciatore

The Crew

Chop the onion, green pepper, and garlic
Set aside for later

Cut the chicken into strips
Coat in flour

Melt butter in large skillet (I used my wok)
and cook the chicken until browned (It won't be cooked all the way through, no worries!)

Pull chicken out, drain, and reserve

Add the veggies to the skillet

And saute until tender

Add the rest of the ingredients
Stir to incorperate
Add the chicken, and bring to a boil
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 30-40 minutes (or until the chicken is cooked through)

Technically that is chicken cacciatore
But, I think you need a little something else, so I cooked up some fettuccine and added it.

There You Have It!

TheHubby actually liked it! Even though it had veggies in it.  Although I'm PRETTY sure that he just ate around them.
The leftovers were delicious, and so flavorful.  It was fun to have them to eat at work.  It was like a special meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment