Sunday, February 24, 2013

Parmesan Garlic & Monterey Jack Stuffed Chicken

Now, after reading the last post, you may think that TheIttyBitty napped!  That is not the case.
We went to visit the InLaws and they wanted to keep him for a few hours, so I could get stuff done.  Well he napped so well yesterday that I got everything done that I wanted for the weekend.  It is truly amazing how productive you can be when you know you only have X amount of hours before the baby wakes up!  So I washed the three dishes that I had...and here we are...

So, I decided to take this opportunity to blog.

As is the norm, the Parm Chicken was a success for TheHubby.  He told me: I could *Literally*  eat this every day. What a goober

And that is nice for me, to know that I have something, that he will always eat, ready to go, in the freezer.  AND it's super easy to make!
This recipe makes 6, but I froze the rest.

The Crew:
6 Chicken breasts
1 Cup grated Parm Cheese
1 pack Italian dressing mix (you can make your own, which I did, as I didn't have any of the packs...and they're expensive.)(And you probably have all you need in your spice cabinet. The recipe I used is Here.  But if you google it you will find about 1000000 variations)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 C Olive Oil

Directions: 
Mix the dressing mix, cheese and garlic
Dip the chicken breasts in the olive oil, then into the cheese mix.
Bake at 400 for 45-60 minutes (but I've found that 45 is the magic number with our stove)

That's it. 

Ta-da.

The rest of the chicken, wrap individually in saran wrap, and freeze.
Printer Friendly Version

The cheese gets nice and crispy and it has an awesome flavor.


Now onto the Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken

A little more time consuming, but still easy.
It also serves 6

The Crew:
6 Chicken breasts
10oz Pepper Jack Cheese (not shredded, you want the block)
4 eggs, beaten
1/2 C bottled salsa, not chunky
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Cups breadcrumbs
2 tsp Chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin (I left this out, as I don't particularly care for cumin)
1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano

Directions:
Cut the cheese into 6 equal slices (length wise)
Cut a slit down the length of the chicken breast (TIP: Don't cut all the way through or to the ends, you want to make a pocket)
Place one slice of cheese in the pocket of each chicken breast (you may have to cut the cheese to fit the chicken breast)
In a shallow pan, mix eggs, salsa and salt
In a separate pan, mix breadcrumbs, chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and oregano
Dip each breast in the egg mix to coat, then into the crumb mix
Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes (or 400 for 30) (That's what I do, so that TheHubby and I both get to eat what we like :-)
To Freeze: Wrap the chicken breast individually in saran wrap.
There you have it.

Sorry about the lack of pictures.  I will be doing better! I promise!

Both of these recipes were from "Don't Panic, More Dinner's in the Freezer, by Susie Martinez, Vanda Howell, and Bonnie Garcia

No comments:

Post a Comment