Saturday, February 23, 2013

Oh My!

An entire EIGHT MONTHS has passed since I posted last!  What happened? 

Oh you know... Life...Work...BABY!

That's rights, as I type this laying on my stomach, a pleasure I haven't been able to enjoy for a while, I had the baby!  A bouncing, big, baby boy.  And by big I mean close to 10 pounds big...  Literally.

He is such a joy!

 Even when he does this:
Mainly because he is still so stinking cute!

Even when he pouts
I learned the hard way that he doesn't like raspberries blown on his cheeks.  This is the face I ALWAYS get.

But as we are now on an even tighter budget, I will get back into cooking.

If it wasn't for my Amazing In Laws, and take out, my husband would have starved.  
Because I Sure as Heck wasn't cooking!

Who wants to do that with a 10 pound baby in your belly?  Riddle me that!

On the food Front:

I have found a life saver! Especially if you work long hours, like me.

Two cookbooks:

Don't Panic, Dinner's In the Freezer
And 
Don't Panic, More Dinner's In the Freezer

It gives recipes and the conversions you need to know how much to buy to make a big batch, in order to freeze. (It also has thawing instructions, and single serving sizes.)

So that is where I got the recipe for dinner tonight:

Garlic Parmesan Chicken (For TheHubby)
And Pepper Jack Stuffed Chicken (For me)

TheHubby's reflux doesn't appreciate it when we ply it with spicy food.

Maybe, if TheIttyBitty naps tomorrow, I will be able to provide you with aforementioned recipes, minus pics
But Alas, we struggle with nap time.




No comments:

Post a Comment