Monday, September 12, 2011

The Echo Restaurant

Last night Matt told me that he was taking me out on a Breakfast Date, but wouldn't tell me where. It was a surprise!

So we roll out of the apartment on his Motorcycle "Betsy the Boulevard" and start riding. I tell you what. I didn't figure it out until we were crossing the street in Hyde Park Square, when I finally exclaimed: Is it Echo?!
Matt, exasperated that it took me so long to figure it out, just looked at me.

I have driving by it numerous times, but could never figure out what type of joint it was.
There was an awning and tinted windows, and always looked deserted. Well we walk in, and it's like walking back into a 50s diner. It was super cute! Old pics and newspaper clipping lined the wall. There were several seating options, booths, tables, or you could sit at the counter!
The staff was super nice, and service was prompt. They had a large menu, but to be honest, I only looked at the breakfast side.
Matt and I both got Steph's Sampler and a side of toast. That came with eggs, bacon, sausage, 2 pancakes, and one side item. Matt got grits, I got fruit. Everything was delicious and well cooked and nothing was exceptionally greasy, which is always a possibility in diners like that.
Moral of the Story: Check out Echo!

No comments:

Post a Comment