Sunday, July 31, 2011

TheHubby's Quilt

For Christmas, I got a BUNCH of quilting/sewing supplies from the In-Laws, and It was awesome!  So the first thing I ask TheHubby is: Do you want a quilt?  The response?:  Umm...YES! Please!  A Red-White-and-Blue one.  You know, An America Quilt!

So I have been diligently working and slaving away on this quilt for the past 3 months. AND!  It is finally coming together!
Photo
I had this piece complete for about 2 weeks before I finally had time to work on it again

This past week I had 3 days off, so I knocked most of it out
Photo

All that is left? 

The border

The Batting

The Backing

And the Quilting.

So Quite a bit. Haha

I did start on the border, and Ava decided that she wanted to "help"
Photo
She would "Hold" the fabric, and when I nudged her, she would stand up, so I could reposition it, and then lay back down.

She's such a goober.  Updates to come soon!

Updated: 3/31


I got the backing, and the batting complete!

Oh Sweet Victory!

I am currently working on the quilting.  I have 6 of the 35 squares completed.
That is what happens when you make a quilt for the Barrick Men.  Especially when TheHubby is 6ft6in.

Pics to come in the not TOO distant future. 
AKA: Tomorrow or Monday

UPDATE:
Clearly by tomorrow or Monday I meant, 11 months later.  DUH!

So I finished the quilt around May...and here we are....the following February...

I also didn't take a pic of the finished product...lovely But it was pretty epic.  7 feet by 5.5 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment